6.Studying abroad is not really "serious." It's just a vacation. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I desagree. It's because my experience was serious although it was just 3 months. I think it depends on the person who go to study abroad. It may become just a vacation if you go another country and not so active to study the langage or the culture. However, it is possible to make the studying abroad serious with a tuff mental and lots of energy even if it's just a short period. And also, I think only the people who think studying abroad is a serious thing should go to study abroad.
That's why I think studying abroad is really serious.
I was interested to see you mention a tough mental attitude is needed to make study abroad serious.
返信削除From your serious study abroad experience, can you summarize what some of the main things you learned (about language, culture, the world, or even about yourself) were?
I disagree too about this question.I stayed at the USA as like an exchange student so I couldn't take seriouse university classes but I tried to improve my English while communicate a lot of foreigner and my host family. It makes me tuff and it was really important experiences. If it's only vacation,I couldn't be tuff so I'll support your opinion.
返信削除>Mr. Herbert
返信削除While I stayed in NZ, I think that I could skill up my speaking ability in English, for example, how I can tell something to someone with my poor vocaburary. I could make lots of kiwi's friends at school and I always communicate with my host familly at home. And my host mother understood my purpose of coming to NZ so she gave me some English lessons.
I think my host family was great and it was really good experience for me.
>Arisa
返信削除Yes!
I wrote that some people's studying abroad may not be serious because I saw like that students at the same school in NZ. They spent lunch time with other Japanese students everyday and talk in Japanese. I wondered why they make Japanese friends in NZ not Kiwi.
I really think we can make it serious if we are serious!!