2012年5月16日水曜日

Discussion 2 : Alternative Education


7. Whould you like to be a student at Hertford House?

No, I don't want to be a student at this school because I thought this school looks like a university. I know taht we can't do all the same things even though at a university.  If we become a student at the school, I think we can get the skill of management or taking responsibilities and so on. However, at the university, we can brush up the skill what we may be able to get at that school if we really want to. These skills are necessary for all of us after we enter the society but at the same time, we need to hanve patience. I think that at high school, we can brush up this skill with obeying lots of rules.
If we had no chance to learn it, we may get some trouble at the office or home or communitee. That's why, I don't want to enter Hertford House.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Actually,I would like to be this school student but your opinion is really new. I thought most of all students will say "I would like to be this school student."
    I know your opinion "If we had no choice to learn it,we may get some trouble at the office or home or communitee" but I think we don't have to see only specific things. I support this school policy as totaly.

    返信削除
  2. My oppinion I wrote is opposite to yours.But I also understand your opinion.Because I know the society isn't so permissive.But the surroundings with moderate strictness makes us strong.And it may a little be early for the students to make rules by themselves.Anyway It's really interesting to know your different opinion.If you like,please read my blog spot^^

    返信削除
  3. I was interested to read about you thinking this school is similar to a university.

    You mention, "If we had no chance to learn it, we may get some trouble at the office or home or community. What kind of trouble do you mean?"

    返信削除
    返信
    1. For example, after we graduated from school, almost all people get some job, and we will work for the company. At that time, sometimes we have to move and work in the company's rule. Someone may not take a job with some rules. However, I think that it is unpossible to decide the job whether they have rules or not. SO I mean it is a kind of trouble in the society.

      削除
  4. However I also don't want to be a student of this school, I didn't think of similarity with a university, as Mr. Herbert mentioned.

    In your opinion, you wrote "at high school, we can brush up this skill (having patience) with obeying lots of rules." Do you think it is only way to cultivate that skill? Or can you think of the other way?

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I think that it is not the only way but it is one of chance to explain to obey some rules. I'm sorry that I don't have other good ideas to cultivate that skill but I think that we can't lern it without any experiences like that.

      削除